Pages

Pony Express 5k

Pony Express 5k
My first race ever!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

continues...

Okay, so here comes the funny humiliating moment.... only funny because it's no longer true...

My dear, darling friend Kristen celebrated her 40th at Disne
yland accompanied by a bundle of crazy friends. So we spent the week running around the park like a bunch of nine year old girls having the time of our lives. The Matterhorn is one of the all time best rollercoasters, of course and it's better at night! So we are all in line, I think there were 10 of us that day and the line is crazy long so they are stuffing people in the cars. Well me and Tiff were the last two and the other girlies had all gotten in two per seat, so we climb in the front seat of the car and crammed the two of us in there. And I do mean cram, I was still about 50 lbs over goal weight and Tiff was rounder then too.

!!!! Tiffany wants me to mention here that she is not the same size anymore either, lest anyone think the two of us are still a bit chubby!!!!

Well there was definitely no need for safety belts on that ride! We could have done loop-d-loops and not budged. I think we smacked heads a million times before it was over. Well as the car r
ounded the last corner and saw the crazies waiting for us, they were laughing hysterically at us. I'm wondering whats going on and wave as they snapped pics. So after we pried ourselves out (wish we'd had a shoehorn), they pointed at the back seat....EMPTY!!! Oh, my GOSH.... what idiots we looked like, both of us chubby, smashed, squashed into the front seat for no reason. ARGHHHH!

ok, maybe it doesn't rank th
at high on the embarrassment scale, but you'd have laughed if it was on America's Funniest Home Videos.

Anyway, that was o
ne of many wake up calls. I look at pics from that trip and don't even recognize myself.

This is me with my Kristen, or Cinderella, she answered to both. As you hopefully can see, I've changed alot.

There were some other catalysts. The holiday season that year was particularly stressful and Mark was getting ready to leave for 10 weeks with the military. All in all not my favorite Christmas to remember. When he left is when the big changes started. After all I didn't have to cook for him, kids don't care what they eat so.....

Tired now, more story tomorrow......

2 comments:

  1. OK- I think you look pretty great in the Disney pic. But I think it's great you've become so dedicated to a healthy lifestyle. I am beginning myself, but just baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nikki, I've read some of your comments too. I'm proud of you for starting your journey. It is just baby steps. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

    ReplyDelete