Pages

Pony Express 5k

Pony Express 5k
My first race ever!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

I love primary!

Today Callie had a talk in primary (children's church meeting) that we forgot to prepare.  So as we were talking about it today, we decided to talk about how Heavenly Father and Jesus answer our prayers, sometimes before we even know we need something.  It came from a sweet story about a family during the depression who's dad had a job, but the company wouldn't be able to pay him for a while.  After praying, mom got the inspiration to sell her homemade doughnuts so they could buy food.  But after a few weeks they ran out of yeast and couldn't get any more.  They prayed again, and dad arrived just after that with the mail.  It had a sample of yeast the company had sent for advertising.   The story ties to Isaiah 65:24 "Before they call, I will answer them".

So she was just going to read the story, and share her testimony of Jesus, but then we had two really special experiences.

First I was in the church library waiting to check out the childrens songbook, (I play the piano for the children's singing time.)  and my friend Heather came for one as well.  She was looking for a specific song and asked me if it was in there.  Turns out it isn't, but inside the copy she got from the library, was a sheet of paper with the song printed on it.

Right after that, Callie told me her throat hurt and asked for a cough drop.  I didn't have any, and said maybe we should keep a bag in glove box from now on.  Then her face lit up and she said I think we did!  I gave her the keys and sure enough there was a bag in the glove box.  Last time we went shopping we scored a great deal on cough drops and Callie suggested we leave one in the car.  I asked who she thought had given her the idea? She replied Heavenly Father!

So her talk was updated quickly to include her recent experiences with Heavenly Father preparing blessings before we even know we need them.  

On the way home, we realized there was one more to add to our stories.  When did Heavenly Father choose to give her these experiences?  Right when she needed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment