Pages

Pony Express 5k

Pony Express 5k
My first race ever!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dirty Dash pics and story

So a few months ago I got roped into decided to do the Dirty Dash with my friend Emily and some other gals I didn't know.  Never done a mud run before, never even considered it.

The wave before us

The Delicious Dirty Delicates!  Before. l-r, Claire, Emigh, Ashley, Emily and me!
We were in the 4th wave to start and by then the first hill was thick gooey muck, thanks to the huge sprinkler showering down on us.
The first wall climb (of three)

Emily and I made it over!

Doin' the happy dance

Excited or Falling?  you decide

Heading for the Filthy Finish

Never been grosser or had more fun!


Oh my gosh was that some muddy fun! The costumes were hilarious.  One of my favorite scenes was the "brides" being chased by the "chain gang" and the "Muddy Butties" (with fake bare butt shorts).  Had to yell Freedom every time we saw the Braveheart warriors!   We had a BLAST!  I highly recommend doing a mud run!   

Don't forget to post your results of the September Challenge!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is one coming to Ohio next year I think, maybe I will be able to put a team together for it. It looks like you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! In that Happy Dance picture you look like you are about 16! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for next year! It really was so much fun. I just laugh thinking about it ;) It's the perfect fun run to end the summer.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post...see you next year!

    John at The Dirty Dash

    ReplyDelete