Pages

Pony Express 5k

Pony Express 5k
My first race ever!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Return to Blogging with the Holiday Bootie Buster

Well, it's been a while.  Can't really even explain why.  Busy.  In a Funk.  Lazy.  Whatever.....

The Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge is getting me out of my blogging absence!  I signed up for it a couple weeks ago, but haven't posted my points yet, so here are two weeks worth of results.  

First, the requirements:

HBBC Rules
1 Point per mile (run/walk/snowshoe)
1 Point per 3 miles biked
1 Point per 20 minutes of weight lifting, Pilates, yoga, stretching or abs
1 Point per 15 minutes of low impact cardio (i.e. aerobics, easy biking)
1 Point per 10 minutes of high impact cardio (spin, kickbox, etc)
1 Per day where you reach a minimum of 7 servings of fruits and veggies
Challenge will run from Nov 20 to Jan 7…this helps to cover you for the major holidays!

Additional points: Because I am all about taking care of your entire mind, body, soul connection there will be additional posts/questions where you can earn points throughout the challenge.


So week one, Nov 20-26, 2010 results:  31 pts

Week two, Nov 27-Dec 3, 2010 results:  29 pts

Personally, I'd like to hit at least 30 pts per week.  So, here we go!  Really my holiday goal is to not gain any net weight over the holidays.  

I pigged out royally over Thanksgiving (did I ever tell you how much I love to make and then eat pie?)  This years selections included:  Oreo Pie, Turtle Pie, Banana Cream Pie, Chocolate Mousse, Pumpkin Pie, Apple Streusel Pie, and the experiment of the day, Peanut Butter and Fudge Pie.  (it was awesome)  Ate about 10 pieces as well as the leftover filling from making them.  That would be roughly 6000-7000 calories in pie alone, not to mention my addiction to candied yams, stuffing and gravy! 

Thank heavens the post turkey day weight is gone, now to survive the rest of the parties.  First one down, church party last night.  Did great, ate what I wanted but had saved some of the calorie budget for the dinner.  
 
So here we go for next week!    

No comments:

Post a Comment