Pages

Pony Express 5k

Pony Express 5k
My first race ever!

Friday, August 6, 2010

I made muffins!

I'm feeling quite pleased with myself right now.  I haven't "baked" anything yummy for a while and with some plantains and bananas getting really dark, banana bread seemed to be calling my name.  But when I got started, I remembered "I LOVE MUFFINS".  So there you go, I must make banana muffins.  But of course they need to be somewhat healthy too.  So here is the recipe for the yummiest muffins!

Now lest you get carried away and think I am somewhat creative and came up with these myself, well let me just stop you there!  Like most brilliant things I do, I copy and then vary someone elses work.  So the basis for this recipe came from "The Tightwad Gazette" by Amy Dacyczyn.

Here is my super amazing adaptation for:

Banana Walnut Oatmeal Muffins
3 c flour
1/2 c brown sugar
2 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 c cooked oatmeal (usually leftover at our house)
2 eggs
1 c milk
6 T oil
2 c mashed banana or plantain or both
1 c chopped walnuts

Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, then mix together just till lumpy.
Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake 20 min at 400 deg.

It makes 24 muffins.  I use silicone muffin pans that I found at Target in the bargain bins by the front of the store.  Each one has about 200 calories, 5g protein, 2g fiber, 7g sugar, 22g carb, and 7g fat.

Sometimes I have made it with honey or added craisens for a different flavor.  I'm sure there are tons of other ways to make it healthier, but this combo is pretty popular at our house

Any feedback on adjustments to try are always welcome!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment