Pages

Pony Express 5k

Pony Express 5k
My first race ever!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 8

Catch up first. Last Wednesdays run really wiped me out so good thing Thurs was a rest day, still taught spin, which was totally fun cause Kim sings along to my awesome 80's music! I really think I'm going to have to run with her and Hilary one day just we can embarrass Hilary in stereo! Friday I was tired. Kids hate going to bed in the summer, and I can't sleep till they are quiet. So, it was a slow 3.5 miles. Maybe about a 9:40 pace, which is fine.

Then came Saturdays run. Super tired again, same reason. So I slept in and didn't get to my run till 9am. So now I'm hot and tired and haven't even started! Ran super slow. Did 8 miles at about a 12:30 pace. Told you I was slow!

So I got lots of sleep Sat night, and ok sleep last night. Time for some speed work today.

Plan was 2 intervals each of 1200 m, 800 m, and 400 m with recovery jogs in between. Goal times for training plan 1200 m (5:42), 800 m (3:48), 400 m (1:48). This is built around my goal time of 1:44:48, 8 min miles.

So actual results, and it was HOT again. Didn't get to run till 10:30 am. 1st 1200 m, 5:46 2nd 1200 m 5:40 1st 800 m 3:46 2nd 800 m 3:49 1st 400 m 1:50 2nd 400 m 1:46

Not too bad! Feeling pretty good. Biggest concern right now is injury prevention. I'm building back up mileage a little faster than I should. I was around 15-18 miles a couple weeks ago and this has me doing about 24 miles right now. So, lots of good stretching, ice massage, (even trying ice baths, BRRRRR) bio-freeze, and most of all more sleep are all in order.

I really want to do this, I can't believe how set I am in my mind that I want to get a 1:44:48 at the TOU Half. I don't want to set myself up for failure, but at the same time, I really want to push my limits and see how far I can go.

Wish me luck! No, Wish me healthy muscles, ligaments, and tendons! (and sleep)

1 comment:

  1. I saw you this morning...we left about 5:30 and I saw you heading to the trail.

    I called out--but you didn't hear and in the semi-darkness I couldn't tell if you had ear buds in or not. I don't know what you were doing mileage-wise today, but you could've come along with us. Hillary's still re-habing, but I sang a bunch today, too.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete